tobacco board registration
July 12, 2022
tobacco board registration is compulsory for every business , who is dealing in tobacco. No mater you’re a Merchant, Manufactures or Exporters.
There are different Kinds of Tobacco licenses.
- Dealer in Tobacco
- Exporter of Tobacco
- Exporter of Tobacco Products
- Processor of Virginia Tobacco
- Manufacturer of Virginia Tobacco
- Packer of Tobacco
- Commercial Grader of Virginia Tobacco
Once you got registration, it is mandatory to give the monthly return. If you have sales then ok otherwise you have to file the NIL Return. In case default in filing of return, you have to pay penalty of Rs. 500 per month.
Who can apply for tobacco board registration?
- Commercial Grader
- Exporter of Un-manufacture Tobacco
- Exporter of Products
- Processor of Virginia Tobacco
tobacco board registration fees
Applications received within stipulated time
a. If the average annual value of the export of Unmanufactured Tobacco during the preceding three financial years exceeds Rs.50 Lakhs – Rs.6,000/-
b. Export turnover above Rs.10 Lakhs and up to Rs.50 Lakhs – Rs.4,000/-
c. Export turnover up to Rs.10 Lakhs – Rs.1,000/-
a. For Fresh Applications received from 02.11.2021 to 31.12.2021 & for Renewal Applications received from 01.12.2021 to 31.12.2021 – Rs.5,000/-
b. For fresh and Renewal applications received On or after 01.01.2022 – Rs.10,000/-
CRITERIA FOR REGISTRATION OR RENEWAL OF REGISTRATION AS EXPORTER OF TOBACCO
1. E-filing of applications is mandatory for obtaining registration/renewal of registration by all categories of traders for the calendar year 2022. The manual applications will not be entertained.
2. Registration/Renewal of registration may be granted to all categories of applications received within the stipulated time, if they are in order and fulfill conditions of registration as laid down in Sub Rule7(a) and (b) of Rules 34-E,34-I and 36 of Tobacco Board Rules,1976.
3. All the categories of traders seeking renewal of registration should have submitted the statutory returns as required under Tobacco Board Rules, 1976 within the stipulated time.
4. All the categories of traders are required to submit the “Letter of Undertaking” in the prescribed proforma duly signed by the authorized person and upload the scanned copy through online system.
5. The traders seeking registration/renewal of registration should not have violated any of the provisions of the Tobacco Board Act, Rules, Regulations, terms and conditions of certification of registration or renewal of registration granted by the Board, directions issued by the Board from time to time and stipulations laid down by the Board for discharging the various activities as prescribed under Section 8 of Tobacco Board Act, 1975.
6. The applicants (in case of proprietary concerns) shall submit a copy of PAN Card of the proprietor as Identification proof.
7. All the categories of Traders are required to submit the “GST Certificate” and upload the scanned copy through online system.
8. The applicants should submit the “Bank Certificate”, “Letter of Undertaking” and ‘Declaration form” in Original along with Demand Draft towards the fee payable and self-certified copies of documents, as specified under each category of traders in online system.
9. In case the application is being submitted by an authorized signatory, necessary authorization by way of Board Resolution / Letter of Authorization / General Power of Attorney should be submitted, as the case may be.
10. Applications received with in stipulated time and beyond the prescribed due dates may be considered for grant / renewal of registration for the calendar year 2022 subject to payment of following fees: Applications received within stipulated time a. If the average annual value of the export of Unmanufactured Tobacco during the preceding three financial years exceeds Rs.50 Lakhs – Rs.6,000/- b. Export turnover above Rs.10 Lakhs and up to Rs.50 Lakhs – Rs.4,000/- c. Export turnover up to Rs.10 Lakhs – Rs.1,000/- Late Applications a. For Fresh Applications received from 02.11.2021 to 31.12.2021 & for Renewal Applications received from 01.12.2021 to 31.12.2021 – Rs.5,000/- b. For fresh and Renewal applications received On or after 01.01.2022 – Rs.10,000/-
11. The applicants should upload the scanned documents as mentioned below along with submission of application and payment of requisite fees: a. Latest Bank Certificate against current account of the applicants’ banker in the prescribed proforma (available at login page of website: www.tobaccoboard.in b. Letter of Undertaking on Company Letter head in the prescribed proforma (available at login page of website: www.tobaccoboard.in) c. Self-certified copy of Partnership Deed/Memorandum of Articles of Association along with full addresses of partners/directors, if the firm is Partnership /Private Ltd / Public Ltd. d. Self-certified copy of GST certificate. e. Self-certified copy of PAN Card f. Self-certified copy of Importer Exporter Code (IEC) certificate. g. The applicants seeking registration/renewal of registration as Exporter of Tobacco should furnish the particulars of godowns / warehouses / handling points (including branches) at the relevant column of the application in the following manner: i. Location – address in full with Phone No., ii. Space of each godown in square feet. iii. Whether own or lease iv. In case of lease, full address of the owner along with a self-attested copy of lease agreement on Rs.100/- non-judicial stamp paper should be submitted.
12. If the firm is registered already with the Board as Dealer in tobacco and has applied in the middle of the year for conversion of registration as Exporter of tobacco, registration may be granted accordingly subject to submission of required documents for registration as Exporter of tobacco, and upon payment of the difference amount of the Registration fee applicable and conversion charges of Rs.1,000/-.
13. The applicant should furnish the value of Exports of un-manufactured tobacco during the last three financial years.
14. Applicants under “Exporter of Tobacco” category seeking fresh registration and filed application beyond the statutory last date may be granted registration without levying late application fee as mentioned in fee particulars provided the exporter applies for registration within 30 days from the issue date of IEC certificate from DGFT. This is in the interest of export promotion, and to encourage the new exporters.
15. The following penalties shall be collected for non-furnishing of statutory returns in time by Exporter of Tobacco, while granting registration / renewal of registration for 2022.
a. A penalty of Rs.500/- per month shall be levied, if the returns are submitted after 15th and before the end of the succeeding month.
b. A penalty of Rs. 1000/- per month shall be levied, if the delay is beyond one month.
We are at your services for registration of any licences under tobacco board of India. Also providing Return filling support too.